I am the holder of a residence card of a family member of a Union citizen. Do I need a visa?

The Immigration Act 2004 (Visas) Order 2012 (S.I. No. 417 of 2012), Section 3 (c) states that non-nationals who are family members of a Union citizen and holders of a document called "residence card of a family member of a Union citizen", as referred to in Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, are not subject to an Irish visa requirement.

The quoted text is directly transcribed from the Directive itself and you should contact the issuing authority to find out if your card falls under the terms of the Directive.

The reason we refer you to the issuing authority is because there is no uniformity in the wording of residence cards pertaining to the Directive across Member States. Therefore, it is for the issuing authority of each Member State to determine whether or not it falls under the terms of the aforementioned Directive.