Permission to work as a third party contractor

Apply for permission to work as a third party contractor (also called a 'sub-contractor') in Ireland via the schemes or programmes described below.

Find out how to prepare for border control, if you need a visa & more. These can affect your application in important ways.

3 months or less

Apply via the Atypical Working Scheme for permission to work.

Permission will only be granted for work with a skill shortage in Ireland.

Do not apply via this scheme if your work lasts 14 days or less.

More than 3 months

You may need to apply for an Employment Permit to work more than 3 months.

Employment Permits are issued by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI), not by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS).

Contact the DJEI for information and a decision.



If you have questions, contact us.

Updated: 15 September 2016

Tell us about any issues on this page