Immigration permission

You must have immigration permission to stay in Ireland for longer than 90 days if you are a non-EU/EEA and non-Swiss citizen. To request permission, submit an application via a scheme or programme.


2. What type of work will you do in Ireland?

Note: If your permission to work expired through no fault of your own (eg exploitation), apply for the Reactivation Employment Permit Scheme (REPS).

1. Find the permission scheme you need to:

  • Work or be an intern




If you have questions, contact us.

Updated: 9 December 2016

Tell us about any issues on this page