Immigration registration

Notice 1 | Registration appointments

We are aware that some customers are currently experiencing difficulties in making registration appointments and we are working to resolve this. We ask that customers bear with us and to continue to make their appointments using the INIS on-line appointment system.


Notice 2 | Grafton College Closure

If you are a student of Grafton College you can attend at the Burgh quay Registration office (BQRO) at your appointment time. When you attend at BQRO with evidence of your enrolment in Grafton college, health insurance, and evidence of your residential address you will receive a short term permission/registration. This is to let you take up another English Language course. In order to register past this temporary permission you will have to have enrolled in a new course. This short term permission will not be counted in the overall limit of 24 months for English language courses.

Book a registration appointment in Dublin

You must live in Dublin to register or renew in Dublin.

Register for the first time

Register to stay in Ireland for longer than 90 days, including documents required.

Renew your registration

Prepare to renew if your registration expires in the next 10 weeks, including documents required.

Where to register if you live outside Dublin

Go to the registration office that is nearest to where you live.

Help & support

Get help with top appointment issues & questions.

How immigration registration works

Registration is how we record that you have been given permission to stay in Ireland.


Stamps, permission & conditions

Your permission stamp comes with conditions. Make sure you know the rules.

People in conference centre

Contact & help

If you have questions, check the support centre for help.

Updated: 13 December 2018