Renew Stamp 0 based on work as a visiting academic

To remain in Ireland lawfully when your current Stamp 0 expires, you must renew your immigration permission by applying to Residence Division (Unit 2) by letter.

You want to renew Stamp 0 to be a visiting academic. Change your answers

Confirm your expiry date

As a visiting academic, you may have been given permission to stay in Ireland for a maximum of 9 months.

The expiry date of your permission & registration is shown in your passport and on your Certificate of Registration (GNIB card).

To apply for a renewal, you must visit a registration office within the 2 week period before expiry.

If you do not renew in time, future applications could be affected by gaps in your immigration record. In some circumstances, you may have to leave the country.

Help & information

Residence Division (Unit 2)
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Department of Justice and Equality
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2
D02 XK70




If you have questions, contact us.

Updated: 5 September 2016

Tell us about any issues on this page