Renew Stamp 1A based on work as a Trainee Accountant

To remain in Ireland lawfully when your current Stamp 1A expires, you must renew your immigration permission and registration in person at a registration office.

If successful, you'll be given a fresh stamp in your passport and a new Certificate of Registration (GNIB card). Read a longer description of the Immigration Rules for Trainee Accountants and Stamp 1A.

In some circumstances you may not be able to renew, eg you lost your job. If you think you no longer meet the conditions for Stamp 1A, contact us for advice before you go to a registration office.

You want to renew Stamp 1A as a Trainee Accountant. Change your answers

Confirm your expiry date

The expiry date for your current immigration permission & registration is shown in your passport and on your Certificate of Registration (GNIB card).

To apply for a renewal, you must visit a registration office within the 2 week period before expiry.

If you do not renew in time, future applications could be affected by gaps in your immigration record. In some circumstances, you may have to leave the country.

Prepare to renew

In summary, Stamp 1A may be renewed if you can show that you continue to meet the conditions of the Revised Immigration Rules for Non-EEA Stamp 1A Trainee Accountants.

Help & information

Immigration Policy
Student Review Group
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Department of Justice and Equality
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2
D02 XK70



If you have questions, contact us.

Updated: 5 September 2016

Tell us about any issues on this page