Renew Stamp 4 based on living with an Irish family member

To remain in Ireland lawfully when your current Stamp 4 expires, you must renew your immigration permission and registration in person at a registration office.

Your application will be considered with reference to the Policy on non-EEA Family Reunification. If successful, you'll be given a fresh stamp in your passport and a new Certificate of Registration (GNIB card).

You want to renew Stamp 4 based on living with an Irish family member. Change your answers

Confirm your expiry date

The expiry date for your current immigration permission & registration is shown in your passport and on your Certificate of Registration (GNIB card).

To apply for a renewal, you must visit a registration office within the 2 week period before expiry.

If you do not renew in time, future applications could be affected by gaps in your immigration record. In some circumstances, you may have to leave the country.

Prepare to renew

When you were first granted permission to stay in Ireland, you were sent a letter with detailed information about your permission and related conditions.

The letter also contained information about how to renew, including documents and other evidence you will need.

If you have lost your original letter, contact Residence Division (Units 5 and 6).

Read a longer description of the renewal process and what happens next.

Help & information

Residence Division (Units 5 and 6)
Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service
PO Box 12695
Dublin 2
D02 XK70



If you have questions, contact us.

Updated: 5 September 2016

Tell us about any issues on this page