Renew Stamp 4 based on living with your family member who is a recognised refugee

To remain in Ireland lawfully when your current Stamp 4 expires, you must renew your immigration permission and registration in person at a registration office.

Your application to renew will be considered with reference to the Policy on Family Reunification for Recognised Refugees. If successful, you'll be given a fresh stamp in your passport or travel document and a new Certificate of Registration (GNIB card).

You want to renew Stamp 4 based on living with your family member who is a recognised refugee. Change your answers

Confirm your expiry date

The expiry date for your current immigration permission & registration is shown in your passport and on your Certificate of Registration (GNIB card).

To apply for a renewal, you must visit a registration office within the 2 week period before expiry.

Prepare to renew

When you were first granted permission to stay in Ireland, your family member may have been sent a letter with detailed information about your permission and related conditions.

If so, the letter contained information about how to renew, including documents and other evidence you will need.

If you have lost the original letter or are unsure what to do, contact Family Reunification Section.

Read a longer description of the renewal process and what happens next.

Help & information

Family Reunification Section
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Department of Justice and Equality
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2
D02 XK70

Fax: +353 (0)1 879 8695



If you have questions, contact us.

Updated: 5 September 2016

Tell us about any issues on this page