Immigration Service Delivery has launched a new website available at

From July 28, 2021, this website will no longer be updated.


Change your registration details

Follow the steps below to update your registration information if your personal details or circumstances change.

IMPORTANT: From 11 December 2017 the previous registration certificate (GNIB card) has been replaced by the new Irish Residence Permit (IRP).

Update or modify your details

Contact the Burgh Quay Registration Office (below) to update your registration details if your personal details or circumstances change, for example:

  • You change your home/postal address
  • We made an error, eg we misspelled your name
  • Other details change, eg you change your name/gender

In some cases, we may issue you with a new Irish Residence Permit (IRP).

For recognised refugees or holders of Subsidiary Protection status

The details on your IRP (or GNIB card, if you still have one) must match the details on the protection declaration and Ministerial decision letter you received from the Ministerial Decisions Unit.

If you change your home address, contact the Burgh Quay Registration Office (below) to update that information only.

If you think other details need to be changed, contact the Ministerial Decisions Unit at with subject line: 'Change of details'.


Email: with subject line: 'Change of details'

Emails with the following information have priority. Other emails will take longer:

  • Full name
  • Registration number
  • Nationality
  • Date of birth



Contact & help

If you have questions, check the support centre for help.

Updated: 11 December 2017